Do your ears make you stand out? Get perfectly shaped ears at Cosmetrix
If you’re not happy with the shape, position or proportion of your ears, you may want to consider an otoplasty, also called cosmetic ear surgery or pinning. This popular procedure corrects large or misshapen ears by removing or folding cartilage to create a natural ear shape that brings balance and proportion to your face.
Cosmetic ear surgery is suitable for adults and children who have large, protruding or deformed ears that cause unhappiness or social anxiety, which are present from birth or the result of injury or natural aging. Children should be at least five years of age, when ear cartilage becomes stable enough for the procedure. To have this procedure, you must be in good health.
In preparing for cosmetic ear surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
This surgery takes around two hours. On the day of the procedure, children receive general anesthesia (children), which will put them to sleep during the operation, and teenagers or adults usually receive local anesthesia, so you would be awake. This procedure generally involves removing small sections of cartilage or folding the cartilage in the ear to change the ear’s position and make it less visible. This is a day surgery, so you likely won’t have to stay overnight in the hospital following this procedure, though one night’s stay may be needed in some cases.
It will take about a week to recover from this procedure. You’ll have to severely limit strenuous exercise and may need to take a week off work or school. Your doctor will advise you on this based on your personal situation, as you go through the healing process.
After cosmetic ear surgery, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for a few days, including some mild swelling, bruising and pain. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
You’ll feel better about your appearance immediately after cosmetic ear surgery, and it should give you more confidence as the social stress becomes a distant memory. There should be no visible scaring and your more balanced face will be with you forever.
If you want to talk to one of our world-class doctors about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package