Is sagging neck skin affecting your appearance? Regain a youthful neck curve at Cosmetrix
If you want to reverse the visible signs of aging in your jawline and neck, you may want to consider a neck lift, also called a lower rhytidectomy. This popular procedure will give you a more youthful appearance by removing excess fat and skin in the lower face that creates jowls, as well as loose skin and muscle banding in the neck.
Neck lifts are suitable for men and women who are looking to reverse the loss of their youthful contours in the lower face and neck, which can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions and stress. When the appearance of the neck and lower jaw don’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift may be a good solution. To have this procedure, you must be in good health.
In preparing for neck lift surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
This surgery takes around two hours. It is a day surgery that can be performed either under general anesthesia or local anesthesia and sedation. The procedure involves removing excess skin and removing or altering neck muscles, and may include liposuction to remove excess fat, to enhance the appearance of your neck. You generally won’t have to stay overnight in the hospital following this procedure, though one night’s stay may be needed in some cases.
It will take at least two weeks to recover from this procedure. You’ll have to severely limit strenuous exercise for at least three weeks. Your doctor will advise you on this based on your personal situation, as you go through the healing process.
After a neck lift, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for a few weeks or even months. In the days following surgery, swelling and bruising are likely to occur. In the weeks following the procedure, it is normal to experience some numbness, tightness or tingling, as well as some burning or pulling. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
The tighter skin and more defined jawline will give you a more youthful appearance immediately, though the full effects of the procedure will not be achieved for up to six months. Keeping fit and maintaining a healthy diet will help you to achieve the most benefit from your neck lift and keep the new shape forever.
If you want to talk to one of our world-class doctors about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation for one nights, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package