MANDIBLE REDUCTION & IMPLANT
Is your jawline lacking prominence? Get a power, confident profile at Cosmetrix
If you want to get a stronger jawline or reduce the size of your jaw to be more balanced with your other facial features, you may want to consider a mandible implant or reduction. This popular procedure either enhances, reduces or changes the size and shape of your jaw through implants or removal or realignment of part of the lower jawbone, to give your lower face the shape you want.
A jaw implant or reduction is suitable for adult men and women who have weak or irregular jawlines, or jawlines that are too big compared to their other facial features. This procedure is often carried out to complement other cosmetic facial procedures, such as a face lift, neck lift or cosmetic nose surgery (rhinoplasty). To have this procedure, you must be in good health.
In preparing for a jaw implant or reduction you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Examine or measure you face and discuss dental issues
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
This surgery takes around two hours. On the day of the procedure, you’ll receive general anesthesia, which will put you to sleep during the operation. As there are several ways to change the size or shape of your jaw, the ideal approach will be determined with your doctor. For jaw reduction, you will likely have to spend one or two nights in the hospital following this procedure.
It will take around a week to recover from a jaw implant and up to a month to recover from a jaw reduction. You’ll have to severely limit strenuous exercise and may need to take time off work for this period. Your doctor will advise you on this based on your personal situation, as you go through the healing process.
After a jaw implant or reduction, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for several weeks. In the days following surgery, pain and swelling are likely to occur, while some numbness and bruising are also common. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
Your more symmetrical and balanced jawline will be noticeable immediately, though it may take several weeks for the swelling to go away and the final results of the procedure to be fully visible. You will likely feel more confident in your appearance with your stronger, more proportional jaw.
If you want to talk to one of our world-class doctors about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation for one nights, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package