Is your sagging face making you sad? Get a younger more vibrant look at Cosmetrix
If you want to get rid of deep facial wrinkles and drooping skin on the lower half of your face and neck, you may want to consider a face lift, also known as a rhytidectomy. This popular procedure smooths out your deep wrinkles and the problem areas near your jaw and lower two-thirds of your face by removing excess tissue and skin to take years off your appearance.
A face lift is suitable for adult men and women who have deep lines below the lower eyelid and between the nose and mouth, as well as loose skin as a result of aging, stress or environmental factors. Full, traditional facelifts offer better results for older patients with significant loose neck skin, jowling and mid-face sagging. Mini face lifts are ideal for candidates in their 40s and 50s with minimal to moderate excess skin. To have this procedure, you must be in good health.
In preparing for a face lift, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Examine or measure you face
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
A full facelift takes around four hours, while a mini face lift can take one or two hours. Depending on the approach agreed with your doctor, the procedure may vary but it generally consists of tightening the skin and underlying tissue (SMAS) and removing excess skin and fat from the lower face and neck. On the day of the procedure, you’ll receive general anesthesia, which will put you to sleep during the operation. You likely won’t have to stay overnight in the hospital following this procedure, though one night’s stay may be needed in some cases.
It will take several weeks to recover from this procedure. Recovery from traditional face lift procedures may be lengthier than mini face lifts. Either way, you’ll have keep your head elevated when lying down and severely limit strenuous exercise. You may also need to take time off work for at least two weeks. Your doctor will advise you on this based on your personal situation, as you go through the healing process.
After a face lift, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for a few weeks. In the days following surgery, pain and swelling are likely to occur, while some numbness and bruising are also common. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
The improved overall appearance of your face and jaw will transform your look, though it may take several months for the full results to become visible. There should be minimal scaring and the your young, fresh and beautiful face should last you forever.
If you want to talk to one of our world-class doctors about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package