BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)
Looking for extra lift and firmness? Elevate your body image at Cosmetrix
If you’re looking to restore your youthful breast position and firmness, you may want to consider a mastopexy, also known as a breast lift. This popular procedure reverses the sagging and softness of your breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue.
A breast lift is suitable for women who are not satisfied with the shape, volume or firmness of their breasts, which tend to lose their youthful shape and firmness as a result of pregnancy, nursing, weight gain, weight loss or natural aging. This procedure, which involves removing excess skin and relocating the nipple and areola (the pigmented skin surrounding the nipple), is different for each woman, so your individual needs will be discussed and agreed with your doctor.
This procedure does not enhance the size of your breasts. For the best result, you may want to consider combined breast augmentation and lift surgery , with both surgeries performed at the same time.
In preparing for breast lift surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another mammographic examination some months after surgery to help detect post-operative changes in your breast tissue
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
This surgery takes around two hours. The procedure involves excess skin being removed and breast tissue being reshaped to restore firmness and raise the breasts. It is a day surgery that doesn’t require staying overnight in the hospital.
It will take at least a week to recover from this procedure. You should avoid any strenuous activity until the pain and swelling go away. Your doctor will advise you on the best way to minimize discomfort during the healing process.
After a breast lift, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for a few weeks or even months. In the days following surgery, bruising, swelling and soreness are likely to occur, while some loss of sensation is also common for a period of several weeks. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
Breast lift surgery incisions do leave scars, but these will fade with time and usually become not noticeable after around a year. Scar locations depend on the specific variation of the procedure that was carried out.
Your new, youthful breast position and shape will be noticeable immediately, though it will take a few months for the final results to appear. Though the shape of your body will continue to change with age, by maintaining a healthy lifestyle the results of this procedure should last for a long time.
If you want to talk to one of our world-class doctors about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package