Lost weight and looking to tighten your body? Bring the new you into focus at Cosmetrix
If you’ve achieved significant weight loss and have been left with large amounts of heavy, loose folds of skin around your abdomen, arms, thighs, breasts , buttocks and face, you may want to consider a body lift. This procedure improves the shape and tone of targeted areas by removing and lift excess skin, cellulite and sagging fatty tissue, tightening muscles, and improving overall contours of your body.
A body lift is suitable for adult men and women who were obese and have lost a lot of weight (100 pounds or more) as a result of bariatric surgery (such as gastric bypass or Lap-Band) or through diet and exercise. The excess skin left behind in multiple body areas can limit mobility and result in rashes and other sores that may lead to infection.
To have this procedure, you must be in good health and at a stable weight for at least a year – if you are continuing to lose weight, you should wait before having this surgery. If you are considering becoming pregnant in the near future, you should postpone this procedure.
In preparing for body lift surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation.
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding.
There are a range of options when it comes to body lifts, so the amount of time it takes to complete the surgery varies widely depending on your individual needs and the objective agreed with your doctor. On the day of the procedure, you’ll receive general anesthesia, which will put you to sleep during the operation. The procedure involves excessive skin and fat being removed, tightened and sutured into place in targeted areas of the body.
Your plastic surgeon may also recommend including liposuction in the procedure to further improve the shape of your body. Overall skin reduction may be done in one go or in stages, over a period of years. Generally, a two-night hospital stay will be needed following the procedure, but the complexity of your particular situation will determine how many nights you’ll need to spend in the hospital.
This is a major procedure and it will generally take you months to fully recover. You will probably need four to six weeks of recovery time before returning to normal activities, and generally, you should wait from six to eight weeks before exercising, though walking is encouraged after surgery. You may also need to take a significant amount of time off work after the surgery to ensure proper recovery.
Pain and discomfort are first managed with intravenous or intramuscular medications, and later with oral pain medication. A specific diet may be encouraged and you may need to wear a medical compression garment at all times except while bathing. Your doctor will advise you on this based on your personal situation, as you go through the healing process.
Because of the significant amount of skin removed during body lift surgery, there are greater associated risks than with standard cosmetic surgery. After a body lift, you may experience some common side effects that can persist for a few weeks or even months. In the days following surgery, pain and swelling are likely to occur, while some numbness and bruising are also common. During the healing process, you may feel fatigued, emotionally drained, depressed or just otherwise not yourself. There will be scarring in affected areas, and there is the possibility of some bleeding, infection, skin necrosis, seroma formation and skin laxity as well. The risk of other, more severe complications is minimal and rare, but increases if you have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease.
Getting rid of excess skin around your body to match the weight loss you’ve achieve will have an immediate and dramatic effect on how you look and feel. Though the final results may take several months to fully develop, your overall body appearance will be transformed by this procedure. While some scarring may remain, by staying fit and maintaining a stable weight, the huge improvements in the shape and tone of your body should last you forever.
If you want to talk to the best plastic surgeon in dubai about your specific needs, please contact us at +971 4389 0003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch shortly to schedule a consultation.
The Package Includes:
- Charges for operating room use, recovery room use, and nursing services (for scrub nurse and circulating nurse)
- Accommodation for one nights, including charges for room, nursing services, and food ordered from the standard hospital menu
- Laboratory testing as necessary for the procedure and if required by the surgeon, including: CBC, PT & PTT Coaglition, bleeding time, FPG, creatinine, HIV Ab/Ag, and urinalysis
- Medical equipment and medical supplies necessary for the procedure (SDC, vaser or liposuction machine (if required))
- Medications: routine medications necessary for the procedure while the patient is admitted
- Anesthesia: pre-anesthetic drugs, anesthesia, medical gas (oxygen, nitrous oxide)
- One follow up visit for related to procedure done at cosmetrix
- Physicians’ fees:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anesthesia’s fees
The Package Excludes:
- Medicine and investigation other than mentioned above in the package
- Charges billed for inpatient stays in excess of one nights (additional charges for these days, including room and other charges, will be added to the package price at normal hospital rates)
- Charges for other procedures or other plastic surgery procedures
- Charges for all intensive care unit services, if necessary
- Outpatient fees and expenses incurred before admission and surgery
- Other charges not related to the procedure
- Continuous treatment related patient’s medical history
- Any complication which may arise during or after the surgery
- Take home medications and supplies
- Compressive garment – outside the package